Today we would like to share with you 13 fairly easy steps to a healthy heart, body and mind.
1. GREEN TEA: Green tea is one of the healthiest drinks in the world. It reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke.
2. VITAMIN D: 36% of Americans and 75% of heart patients are deficient in vitamin D, which strengthens bone, boosts immunity, and reduces heart disease and stroke risk.
3. BREATHE: The simplest way to control stress and relax is by taking slow, deep breaths and exhailing significantly longer than inhailing.
4. GO MEDITERRANEAN: The Mediterranean diet is one of the most healthy ones in the world for heart disease, cancer, arthritis and other chronic diseases.
5. KEEP THE FAITH: People who have a strong faith or spiritual belief live longer and healthier lives.
6. 10.000 STEPS: Get a pedometer and walk 10,000 steps every day, you can also use a step counter app on your smart phone.
7. FORGET LOW FAT: The Mediterranean diet is not low in fat. Did you know that olive oil is the healthiest oil? Reduce vegetable oils and eliminate sturated and trans fats.
8. SMOKING: Stay way from smoking. Smoking is the largest single cause of death in America.
9. HAPPY IS AS HAPPY DOES: Having an optimistic outlook on life helps to prevent heart disease, boost immunity and strengthen people's ability to cope with life's difficulties.
10. DON'T BE TOO SWEET: Avoid processes sugar, soft drinks and sweets if possible!
11. MEDITATE: Find 10 to 30 minutes a day to practice relaxation techniques such as deep breathing, guided imagery or meditation.
12. EXERCISE: Extra muscle help burn more calories, even when you're sleeping.
Which one of these will you try and adapt to your lifestyle?